We’ve been hearing some feedback from the players recently from our Social Media pages, and we’ve gathered enough suggestions and feedback to know that a lot of you would like some blog posts explaining some updates we do on the island, and even some updates that you might’ve not noticed because they’re so hidden. We’d also like to address some important things about email safety in this post, and also giving light on some bugs that we are aware of and plan on fixing as soon as possible.
Catalogs, catalogs galore!
The release of Club Penguin Rewritten brought in some AWESOME catalogs for ALL penguins to use, this gave others a chance to dress up and decorate their igloos ready for the new party, the Puffle Party!
You can still purchase these items from either the Gift Shop, or your own igloo. If you’re looking for help on how to spend your coins, or even decorate your penguin/igloo then you can view our new Help Page.
The Migrator Docked!
Rockhopper has greeted us with his first visit on the island back, and he sure does have some amazing gifts with him!
You’re able to visit the iconic Migrator over at the Beach, don’t forget to grab the items he has delivered as they are limited to the island and are only there for a short amount of time.
Earth to Earth Day!
What’s a return without a little bit of a party celebrating nothing but our beautiful earth we all live on. This brought in some amazing activities around the island that a lot of penguins adored, we’d also like to point out that we enjoyed looking at those who were in the mix of those making their penguins a completely different animal, seeing these awesome outfits in-game made us all smile!
Greetings from Club Penguin Times!
The first Club Penguin Times back gave us a message from the writer herself, Aunt Arctic, giving us a wholesome welcome back to the island with many penguins giving their answers to her questions about the return.
This also gave in some exciting events at the end of the newspaper, informing players that the next party will indeed be the Puffle Party.
Dojo of the Mysterious?
There’s been some interesting gossip about a certain statue around the Dojo Courtyard moving… I’ve not seen this myself, maybe it is just a piece of gossip floating in the air? Who knows, if you happen to see this yourself, let us know!
Emails, and small but importantly cool changes!
The day of 5/5/2018 we took a small maintenance break that lasted one hour, this was so we could work on our emails and recovery passwords, we’ve been receiving reports of users not being able to receive our emails, this was to fix those issues.
BUT… That’s not all! We also brought in a really cool change to our email design for both Activation and Forgot Password.
Here’s a look at our new Activation email design showing a fake password for Stu:
If you’re new to the island and have yet to receive this email (ending in @cprewritten.net) then please check your spam folder, if it is located in your spam folder then please mark it as non-spam so others get it in their inbox and not their spam. Still unable to find it? You may contact our support over at [email protected] about this issue.
Squishing Some Bugs!
What’s a return without some little bugs crawling around? We had a busy week updating and fixing some bugs behind the scenes, and I’m here to share them with you.
• Ice Rink would break for players, showing a weird ketchup-colored ice rink instead, fixed.
(Thanks penguins for letting us know!)
• Town would break for players in-game which would cause lag for some, fixed.
• Outfits wouldn’t show the correct price from what it originally was, fixed.
Those were some of the small bugs we fixed that were primarily during the Earth Day Party, so now, here’s a list of what we are aware of and are working on:
• Find Four constantly spawns you to previous location and not same room. (Thanks bratzz and m0torbreath!)
• Find Four at times gives negative coins, as well as other mini-games. (Thanks and sorry, Perapin!)
• Puffles are unable to be fed, leaving them into a forever-emotional loop. Puffle stats are being noted by us and will be worked on.
• Puffle launch will return once we have fixed some small issues with saving.
• Treasure hunt will be worked on by us, too. (Thanks for the heads up, Titan!)
• We will be keeping an eye on email sending during this time.
• Card-Jitsu disconnects you after a certain amount of time.
• Glitches at Cave Mine will be addressed and fully looked into by us. (Sorry penguins!)
• Lag spikes at times playing Club Penguin Rewritten – it is indeed a weird one, and we are still investigating as to why this is happening when playing Club Penguin Rewritten.
• Capes and wings not showing on the playercard. To fix this issue yourself, please try wearing an unrelated item in the same category.
• Issue with current furniture and clothing catalogs with certain items not showing proper item will be looked into ASAP.
These are only parts of the bugs that we have noted and are working on, if you have more, don’t be afraid to contact us or leave a comment down below explaining what happened in detail.
Safety and Trust Talk!
We are including this into the blog post as it is very important for safety online.
Recently we have been noticing a small email going around claiming to be parts of Club Penguin Rewritten, using our title in the email and forcing you to click the links on said email.
Please note that our emails will always end in @cprewritten.net and will ALWAYS have a proper email design on them, if you see any email with poor grammar or an email that does not end with @cprewritten.net then it is deemed as fake by us and could harm your device, now that is out there, what is the best course of action from you?
The best way to go around a phishing email is to report the email as a phishing attempt, you can do so by clicking any drop down box on the email and then it’ll give you an option.
We’d also like to give a few safety tips of our own:
• Do NOT enter your credentials anywhere outside of Club Penguin Rewritten, our official domain being: cprewritten.net
• ONLY trust emails that are from @cprewritten.net
• Do NOT give out your personal information to anyone, we will never ask for this.
• NEVER share your passwords to anyone except your parents.
• Make sure to use a strong password, preferably randomly generated, to keep your account safe. We recommend a 32 character password with at least 3 numbers and 1 capital letter.
Store it somewhere safe so only you can remember it.
So, what’s next for Club Penguin Rewritten?
We plan on doing some extremely fun activities on Club Penguin Rewritten, especially Summer coming around, we have SO much planned for you penguins and I’m so excited to share them but unfortunately I’m unable to do so… yet. If you’re looking for some sneak peeks or even exclusives then it’s best to follow our twitter here, it’s also a good key to keep check on our What’s New blog!
– Club Penguin Rewritten Team