What's New?

Reviewed by You: Musical Genres

By Lataus on May 18, 2019

Hi Penguins,

The musical season is coming, but now we have a new Reviewed by You. Last week, we asked you all what you enjoyed about finding hidden pins around the island. From that, we’ve now selected out two penguins. The first penguin we selected was GoldMax, who said:

“Its really amazing as me and my friend take a challenge of who will be the first to obtain the new hidden pin. Another curiosity arises of how to pin looks? and then I love to help people who face difficulty while finding the pin.”

We’re glad to hear that you enjoy finding pins and that you find them challenging. Getting your buddies to help find a hidden pin is always fun! The other response comes from RyanjcCPR, who said:

“Finding pins around the island is super fun! You get to explore the island while looking for an item. It’s a great thing to look forward to every month. You can help friends, explore with friends, etc. You also get to show off your remarkable exploring on your profile, afterwards!”

Finding pins can be quite a remarkable experience, and there’s always some fun finding one. It’s always fun to show off items to other players, and you can express your creativity at the same time!

Thanks GoldMax and RyanjcCPR! Both of you will have 5,000 coins awarded to your accounts soon.

Now, if you scroll down below, you’ll see this week’s question. Good luck!

The Music Jam starts later next week, so we hope that your guitars, microphones, tubas, keytars and whatever other musical instruments you have are ready for it. In the mean time, we’d love to know about your taste in music. What music genre do you enjoy the most?

Leave your responses in the comments below. You may even see your response featured on the blog next week, and you could earn 5,000 coins for your penguin!

Until then… Waddle on!

– Club Penguin Rewritten Team

208 Comments

342 days old
Shilo243 May 31, 2019

So much to tell; so little space. I love all rock, progressive metal, punk, and alternative that pushes the boundaries of music. I believe music should be intense and uncomfortable even, so that it makes you think…but I also enjoy pop punk because music should also be fun. So I’m a mixed bag.

104 days old
Cuddley pup May 29, 2019

My favorite genre of music would probably have to be classical. Sometimes, I play some classical music at home on my violin or piano. When I’m doing work or something, I turn on classical music too- it helps me focus a lot better!

312 days old
Snowystone May 25, 2019

Classical,im late but that dosent matter.
Classical/Barouqe music is my life.

It’s so calming

491 days old
Kayyleighh May 24, 2019

I love metal music, as well as classic rock and blues! Many people think metal music is just noise, but in fact, the lyrics are usually much deeper than pop music nowadays. It takes lots of talent to write those lyrics, and to play those chords. I love guitar solos because it’s a challenge to learn!

801 days old
Sparklmagyq May 24, 2019

Anyone else psyched for the Music Jam because I sure am!

62 days old
FluffyRalsei May 24, 2019

I really enjoy Japanese rock music, anything electronic and I enjoy music from video games as well.

801 days old
Sparklmagyq June 1, 2019

Video Game Music For the Win!

664 days old
Wafflefluff May 24, 2019

I’m mostly fond of Rock music or stuff with synth in the mix! I also like the feel of the 80’s in my taste too, but not actual 80’s music. My taste is sort of strange.

38 days old
DiamondElite May 23, 2019

Definitely Alternative. It can be so different and that makes it my favorite genre in music.

595 days old
LoneWolf1256 May 22, 2019

A mix of rap and hip hop, along with almost all Nintendo music. I just really like the sound of random inaudible words being blasted into my ears at rapid speeds.

57 days old
JazzyBella May 22, 2019

I listen to ska, 90s alt rock, acid jazz, disco, post disco, rap (all eras and underground), boogie, reggae, and classic house.

801 days old
Sparklmagyq May 22, 2019

Have any of you heard of Public Domain music? These days I’m a little more careful about downloading my music, so sometimes I try to look for public domain music; not all of it is old, by the by.

149 days old
TRex386 May 21, 2019

I love rock and soft metal. Many people don’t think that there is a lot of meaning to it, but there is actually a lot of emotion in many songs! I also love the heavy feel of it.

111 days old
BloomingSky May 21, 2019

Alright. So, my favorite genre is classical music. Classical music is really pretty and fun to play on an instrument. It’s really nice. But if I go with a popular genre, it would be Christian Contemporary music. It’s got good beats and has really good and meaningful messages. ๐Ÿ™‚

834 days old
Splosh Jnr May 23, 2019

With you all the way! Classical, Christian (and Jazz) are my favourite music genres too!

35 days old
emojelly May 21, 2019

i really like alternative rock and emo music!

32 days old
EY Bam3 May 21, 2019

I enjoy hip hop with all the rapping speed and the songs kinda have real purposes of being sung like a message or something

32 days old
EY Bam3 May 21, 2019

The music genres i enjoy is pop/hip hop/rock music

768 days old
lighteagle May 20, 2019

The music genre that I enjoy most is Ambient Music, it has soft gentle music that is very soothing and it makes everything very peaceful.

801 days old
Sparklmagyq May 22, 2019

I like Ambient sounds myself around bedtime because I sometimes have weird, storybook-worthy dreams if I listen to anything else in my sleep, especially the yoga-worthy music.

291 days old
wowo90 May 20, 2019

ok epic.

103 days old
stelios7 May 20, 2019

cool

42 days old
Beccs902 May 20, 2019

EDM is always great to listen and dance to!

801 days old
Sparklmagyq May 22, 2019

Is EDM like dubstep, trance, techno, hip-hop, R&B, dancehall and house music?

811 days old
Teart May 20, 2019

My favorite genre of music is the smooth jazz played at the Pizza Parlor.

801 days old
Sparklmagyq May 22, 2019

And I just happen to know the title of one of the songs I’ve heard there, but it was bought from a royalty free site that adds watermarks to their audio samples.

97 days old
Great Ollie May 20, 2019

I love Classic Rock!

59 days old
tacocat54893 May 20, 2019

i like Christian rock. the mix of heavy metal/rock, and instrumental.

801 days old
Sparklmagyq May 22, 2019

Sometimes I’ll listen to Christian rock or pop as well. Like I stated before, my tastes in music are far too eclectic to assign a genre.

685 days old
Toffiana May 20, 2019

Anything with string instruments in it ๐Ÿ™‚ There are a lot of genres, and they all give a different expirience, but that is a nice addition to any of them.

806 days old
maddison May 20, 2019

pins are aight but follow me on ig maddierguest

196 days old
fiddlelad May 20, 2019

I’m probably going out on a limb here. BUT, I love Country and Irish and Russian Pop. I was adopted for St. Petersburg and I still love there music. My Parents were from Ireland and i play the violin so that’s Irish. And Country because its heart warming

801 days old
Sparklmagyq May 22, 2019

I’ve heard some Irish music and maybe a bit of Russian, but country, definitely heard it. By the by, I’ve heard the string quartet version of Enya’s Carribean Blue; it’s a beautiful instrumental waltz that starts in E, segues to C for the bridge and ends in F.

689 days old
Kujbus May 20, 2019

As I know myself a little bit weird and mixed my musical taste. But currently I often listen Hungarian folk music, that’s very melodius.( I’m hungarian too, so that’s why I love that)

2686 days old
Greenux May 20, 2019

Just Hip Hop. This music is supposed to have great lyrics, meaning, rhymes, wordplay and in 70% it is true. However, I don’t like rap music that don’t have any meaning, great rhymes, or great lyrics. In this genre you can say whatever you think right now and that’s good in my opinion. ๐Ÿ™‚

688 days old
CherrySakura May 20, 2019

Well I enjoy listening to my J-Rock playlist when mining or doing minigames, like herding cute puffles to thrash and screamo songs, haha ๐Ÿ˜‰ Techno, house/jazz, pop, ballads, alt rock and OSTs are great genres too, regardless of any language barriers, cause music is a universal sound no matter where!

639 days old
Alphablaze00 May 20, 2019

I like Rock/Metal and Alternative Rock/Alternative Metal, give me a Metal song, and i’ll listen. Give me Rock and i’ll listen. Give me Rock and Metal from the 2000’s and i will listen to it with much joy.

834 days old
Cherry May 20, 2019

Rock is easily the best.

239 days old
Funfunny8 May 20, 2019

I enjoy nearly every genre! My favorites are very obscure artists and songs that nobody knows about- and of course I can always get down to Club Penguin music. I’m not even joking, I have playlists of that stuff.

76 days old
MoonFlower07 May 20, 2019

My favourite genres of music would be country, pop and whatever genre the club penguin band is. I love listening to music while doing art. It keeps all the bad vibes away while keeping the good vibes with me. ๐Ÿ˜€ I love listening to music with an acoustic guitar.

801 days old
Sparklmagyq May 22, 2019

So far I’ve heard the Penguin Band play rock, pop, country and even something I can’t place an exact genre, but it sounds like a taste of Dixieland garnished with cheesy sitcom tunes and paired with bubble gum and happiness.

645 days old
penguin54974 May 20, 2019

I really love electronic music! It’s just the sounds it can make, seeming you are in a fantasy land! I actually met a artist once, super nice person, and I can’t wait to see the show that the penguin band puts on! My hand are in the air as I sit in my chair! And the lighthouse exploding with music!

278 days old
Peengi May 20, 2019

I most like classic music. Second, my favorite singers’ songs. Third, good pop musics. Four, the others. Actually, I am not listening music too much.

50 days old
chornideme May 20, 2019

well i enjoy classic and jazz

806 days old
belinha8615 May 20, 2019

I honestly love many subgenres of rock/metal. Symphonic Metal, Nu Metal, Power Metal, Folk Metal, Thrash Metal, Groove Metal, Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, Pirate Metal, Punk Rock… are many XD

639 days old
Alphablaze00 May 20, 2019

I too enjoy Metal and Rock. The Guitar riffs and powerful drumbeats speak to me in a way no other genre ever could. If Metal didn’t exist, I would find music to be very boring, so Metal and Rock are my favourite genres of music.

688 days old
CherrySakura May 20, 2019

Wow, that’s a ton of metal! lol XD

222 days old
fnaelk05 May 20, 2019

i love pop its fun and u can enjoy it with friends too!, while looking for pins i listen to music

33 days old
P4245012 May 20, 2019

I WANT WICH AND PWETTY MUMU ILL BE ON BLIZZARD SOON

53 days old
darling girl May 20, 2019

I love indie pop music as it can tell such wonderful stories from often unheard or ignored voices – despite them often being as talented as those on the radio! I also love Alternative Pop with voices such as Lana del Rey and Lorde filling up my playlists.

801 days old
Sparklmagyq June 1, 2019

Have you heard of The Academic or Dispatch? I’ve heard their music on the Alternative Stations. Even Ocean Park Standoff seems to fit that bill.

288 days old
pingu97803 May 20, 2019

Pop is easily the best because of all of the variety.

31 days old
LuigiMan101 May 20, 2019

I generally enjoy all types of music.But my favorite type is pop/jazz i enjoy both of them.

741 days old
jfisher534 May 20, 2019

I like the blues

202 days old
Scientin May 20, 2019

My favorite genre for a long time has been jazz. Every time I listen to it, it takes me back to long car rides and rainy afternoons. It captures so much emotion and imagination, more so than any other music genre in my opinion.

253 days old
amberliusgf May 20, 2019

my favorite genre is probably kpop BUT not just any kpop. LOONA is my favorite group and nothing will ever top their talent and creativity. stan loona! periodt!

801 days old
Sparklmagyq May 22, 2019

What’s wrong with kpop? Okay granted I’ve not heard a lot of it, but I can avouch for at least two songs, Oppan Gangnam Style and the Royalty Free version, same key, different feel, the latter of which I have, but still…

43 days old
ChillyZone May 20, 2019

I love EDM and Pop Punk/Rock

801 days old
Sparklmagyq June 1, 2019

I think there was one song in Club Penguin that had a punk/grunge feel to it… it was igloo music.

53 days old
Shadow345797 May 20, 2019

I like rock and other stuff but I like listening to violins but I dislike playing them (please don’t hurt me) but I like to sing

688 days old
snini4 May 20, 2019

My favourite genre probably has to be electric swing because it is so fun to dance to!

812 days old
Penguin Zee May 20, 2019

There’s nothing I enjoy more than the music in my igloo. I can spend hours in there listening to that wonderful, eerie sound, before I get tired and look for inspiration through the other amazing igloo songs. Or I might spend hours in the Pizzatron lobby listening to that amazing and endless tune.

42 days old
LazyLlamaLu May 20, 2019

The music genre I enjoy the most is country and pop together because I like pop music, and country music when I am on road trips.

800 days old
Scrappy Doo May 20, 2019

I love jazz, especially the pizza parlor theme [10 hour edition]

801 days old
Sparklmagyq June 1, 2019

10 hour editions are so popular for some reason. Closest Iโ€™ve come to compiling that length was a slightly longer than CD length composition.

404 days old
Y4123 May 20, 2019

Grunge, alt rock, indie rock, punk, and ska

100 days old
LilDeuce May 20, 2019

Edgy Boi

57 days old
JazzyBella May 22, 2019

Heck yes!!!!

812 days old
Static May 20, 2019

I LOVE alternative music. I like how people move away from a certain “sound” from a particular genre and mash up several styles giving it such a unique sound!

65 days old
stinky cat May 20, 2019

Heavy metal! Such a great way to unwind and unlock your inner “zen.”

696 days old
Ta41529 May 20, 2019

I really enjoy electro swing and folk music, preferably with a twist on it. There pretty different genre’s form one another, but I love them equally <3 At the end of they day, they both produce amazing songs of their respective genre.

807 days old
spacedog May 20, 2019

I’m a big fan of the techno group hatari ๐Ÿ™‚

128 days old
nit3sh1ft21 May 20, 2019

Hey penguins,

My real penguin name is DJ Marsh. I love electronic dance music, most notably electro house, deep house, future house, bass house and trap music. From Calvin Harris and Martin Garrix to David Guetta. I also like EDM remixes of other genres. Drop da beat penguins. Check out my igloo.

682 days old
JoshIsTurtle May 20, 2019

My favorite musical genre is actually musical theater. I love acting and performing and singing on top of all of those things makes it really fun. I also love how different all of the songs can be and how it can switch from something closer to pop into something like alternative.

43 days old
Adalw0lfa May 20, 2019

I like pop and alternative, but I enjoy listening to my friends music genres as well. This is because I feel that listening to someone else’s music can create stronger bonds and you can ultimately connect with that person (or penguin!) on a much deeper level!

811 days old
Ferragamo May 20, 2019

My favorite genre of music is rap. My favorites are Lil Baby, Gunna, and Lil Mosey.

404 days old
Y4123 May 20, 2019

90s alt rock, grunge, and indie rock is life

100 days old
LilDeuce May 20, 2019

Edgy

639 days old
Alphablaze00 May 21, 2019

same

87 days old
plzdontsteal May 20, 2019

I like all of the genres of music and choosing songs you like is like tasting food maybe you like some meats fruits and vegetables but you always find one your favorites.

360 days old
Dylard May 20, 2019

Dear CPRT my favorite genre is Christian music, most likely no one else will choose this genre, if ya’ll don’t like this genre then the only other music I listen to is country.
-Dylard

801 days old
Sparklmagyq June 1, 2019

But others listen to Christian rock and country, myself included sometimes.

32 days old
C00l Beans May 20, 2019

I’m very passionate for pop music, I absolutely LOOOOOOOOOVE pop music. Me and my buddies like to dance in my room and sometimes we sing together, In the future we’d love to start a band it would be so cool and for now we can practice in the game. I’m so excited for the Music Jam.Ready to jam out!

124 days old
Water Rose May 20, 2019

My favorite genres are pop and classical. Classical is because I often come in contact with them while I play my instruments, pop because I hear them often.

34 days old
meteormash May 19, 2019

ive always wondered how the pins work but now i know

186 days old
Little Lolli May 19, 2019

I love country music for the most part. I don’t really don’t have anything else to say about it ;p

147 days old
Richteray101 May 19, 2019

I like my music as I like my dessert – Soft, LoFi beats always make me relaxed and can help doing literally anything. I love relaxing to beats like LoFi because it just helps you relax, even during stressful times. In other words, LoFi is essentially calmer hip-hop.

77 days old
Ultraverse70 May 19, 2019

Well, i like all the genres, but the most that i like is the videogames genre, i just love it!

49 days old
ZaphodB 6 May 19, 2019

Jazz is my favorite genre because of how much it covers. It can be smooth, hard, swung, straight. It can be the blues, latin, bebop, big band, small group, and more. There’s a jazz song for any mood you might have. Not to mention the fact that it is essential in the development of American culture.

75 days old
PopjgVEVO May 19, 2019

My favorite music genre is country. It really sets me in the mood just like I’m in the ski lodge playing on a guitar! I find it very calming, also. It helps me relax at times.

141 days old
CHLoOeE May 19, 2019

I like mainly pop and rock music! Both genres are fast, upbeat and so amazing to listen to. I love hearing every different instrument like the guitars and drums as well as listening to the lyrics and what the story behind the lyrics are

243 days old
filmthepengu May 19, 2019

Metal is and will probably always be my favourite genre. I spent most of my childhood listening to it and it stuck with me. Since it’s so loud it also really helps me get out of bed when I don’t feel up to it that day.

253 days old
MusicAsylum May 19, 2019

Depends on my mood honestly

43 days old
Shugaxo May 19, 2019

I mostly enjoy pop music like Britney Spears, Ariana Grande, Little Mix & Zara Larsson. Just to name a few artists. However, my current go to song is definitely 7 rings by Ariana Grande. That song just gets me singing & jamming away, especially in the car or at college!

93 days old
Super107 May 19, 2019

I like ASDFMOVIES songs such as The muffin song, I like trains, etc. I also like Club Penguin music. My favorite is Patrick’s/Flipper jig.

93 days old
Super107 May 19, 2019

I kind of like all music genre’s but the one I like MOST is Club Penguin music. My favorite is Patrick’s/flipper jig. My second type of music genre is YouTube music such as The muffin song, I like trains, etc.

810 days old
AIpha May 19, 2019

I prefer Jazz

110 days old
orangecar386 May 19, 2019

I like rock, country, rap, 8-bit, pop, etc etc. Oh and we cant forget intrumental versions of songs like “Congratulations” by pewdiepie and etc!

184 days old
HelterSkelt May 19, 2019

My username actually comes from a song! Helter Skelter by The Beatles. They’re my favourite band but I listen to all genres from classical to hiphop. If I had to pick one, it’d be britpop though. Love the 90’s.

838 days old
Cotton2004 May 19, 2019

I honestly love anything that makes me feel nostalgic, which is usually indie, soft pop, or soft rock ๐Ÿ™‚

1205 days old
santi1345 May 19, 2019

i enjoy mostly pop, rock, alternative, independent!

81 days old
Gohan193 May 19, 2019

I Like Pop And Rock Rock Is So Crazy And I Like The Crazy And Pop Is A Great Music But anyway Good Luck For The Other Penguins To Win The 5,000 coins #MusicForever Bye

397 days old
Max0955 May 19, 2019

Beatles is the best fan like if you agree

801 days old
Sparklmagyq May 19, 2019

I can’t decide on a musical genre! I like jazz, gospel, some country, some oldies, some pop, rock, trance, techno… I guess my musical tastes can get pretty eclectic, eh?

812 days old
Elbow D May 19, 2019

I like Bossa Nova as it’s pretty chill and great for studying. I also really like video game music because there’s a wide variety and it’s all so unique!

79 days old
Captinbeast May 19, 2019

I like country music! Country helps bring out your inner cowboy or cowgirl. And the lyrics are super fun to sing to!

743 days old
PlayStation9 May 19, 2019

i like rock best because its cool – besides, whats coming in june?

185 days old
TorqueCPI May 19, 2019

i tend to listen to a lot of rap i used to listen to pop then it got pretty boring so i now really on listen to rap

39 days old
P4190293 May 19, 2019

For me, genre isn’t important. I like to find new things to enjoy with friends. When they introduce me to a something different I try to find why they enjoy it. I find that songs tell more about someone than their words. Can’t fool your taste! ^^

628 days old
SirPeng May 19, 2019

Hmm. I really don’t mind,but I like pop! I like modern music,and pop is a good example of modern music. All music is!

58 days old
SassyAnanas May 19, 2019

I love musical theatre! I realize that’s kind of a broad answer because musical theatre encompasses multiple genres, but to be honest it’s very difficult to just pick one. I love listening to Icelandic versions of musicals as I would like to learn Icelandic some day!

101 days old
chillato May 19, 2019

kpop, rock, and pop are real nice

355 days old
STARPOWERB May 19, 2019

I’m personally into 80s music because it’s more rock pop etc too bad I missed out on the 80s

687 days old
Blysse May 19, 2019

I personally love all genres of music! I can find at least a few songs from every genre that I enjoy. My favorite tends to be classic rock!

161 days old
auburnfan314 May 19, 2019

Rock. It’s energy is awesome, and makes you want to dance.

74 days old
HappyTakumi May 19, 2019

My favorite songs are from Rock, pop, Jazz, orquestra and much more! But ill be honest, Club penguin music is my favorite type of song! All of there songs are awesome! I end up listen to club penguin a lot often than other music lol

62 days old
ShinobiSans May 19, 2019

It has to be Video Game Music! It’s really catchy and makes me dance! Others include Japanese music(anime), Rock and Country music

239 days old
PenPink May 19, 2019

My favorite music pop and jazz

115 days old
Penguin23324 May 19, 2019

I like all of the genres,Pop,Rock,Country,R&b,Whatever kind because I like to try new stuff out.:)

338 days old
tas45 May 19, 2019

Honestly, I love all types of music; pop, rock, jazz, etc. Music speaks when words fail. It helps express your most inner thoughts or feelings. Music is truly and incredible thing.

658 days old
Scrongus May 19, 2019

My favorite is jazz music because it is so calm that if you close your eyes you would feel like you are floating!

169 days old
Braidwolf May 19, 2019

I like all genres to be honest. They can be equal as good. I really like look up remixes of songs in these different types of genres.

801 days old
Sparklmagyq May 19, 2019

Me too! Although I sometimes like my music fast, anything both common or cut time and >190 bpm can drive me a little batty (same doesn’t apply to other time signatures).

40 days old
CDOGSHERE May 19, 2019

Hello. I am an avid musical theatre fan and look all sorts of musicals such as Hamilton. Also can u please help me I am looking for my best pal Tommy Rayos who i sadly lost due to getting a new account. If anyone can help me find him it would be much appreciated thanks, your pal CDOG

161 days old
auburnfan314 May 19, 2019

My favorite genre is rock. It just has so much energy, you can’t stop from dancing!

559 days old
supersharkk May 19, 2019

To be honest with you I like any genre. My favorite probably is Jazz. In Jazz I adore the amount of riffs and runs. With all music I can feel it like in me; since I sing i can emotionally connect with a lot of songs and it helps me feel the melody and beat. <3

132 days old
ey3556 May 19, 2019

I really like swing and classical, even though those two genres are completly diffrent, they’re just are nice to listen to imo. I like the beat of swing, and the calmness of classical.

581 days old
LB Wingman May 19, 2019

Also I may or may not like “gotta have a Wingman” from the Party Starts Now Album.

581 days old
LB Wingman May 19, 2019

My favorite genre at the moment is melodic chill house. I also appreciate classical songs, (even more so after watching Amadeus), rap, and generally anything that catches my ear.

I also like Electroswing, where song styles from the 20’s and 30’s are partially remixed with modern elements.

172 days old
Lows13 May 19, 2019

i don’t have one favorite is two and for one reason my first is pop because my sister always lisen to that type of music and my second favorite is EDM and the reason for that is AVICII
this artist just inspired my to just do what i like.

611 days old
Lavaman May 19, 2019

I like john denver

91 days old
BashfulWolf May 19, 2019

Alternative or indie is what I listen to mainly, but I enjoy all types of music. I grew up in a rock/metal family, and my dad used to be in a rock band back in the day and my brother is in one now, so music is extremely important to my family.

37 days old
ZackArtsWeeb May 19, 2019

Personally, I don’t have a favourite! I think it’s good to switch between genres every once in a while as each one can make you feel a different way; rock can make you feel powerful while jazz can make you feel happy!

36 days old
Dogpup4242 May 19, 2019

I love pop music the most! Anything that comes on the top 40 radio station that I can sing along to is my kind of song! I also love some country, rock, hip hop, and rap! I love Ellie Goulding, Tove Lo, Tori Kelly, Fletcher, Lauren Jauregui, Normani Kordei, and Halsey!

38 days old
wolf01 May 19, 2019

I’m a weeb so anime openings & endings.

291 days old
lavenderflop May 19, 2019

Also I like Delia Derbyshire as a musician, as she was a pioneer in electronic music in the ’60s. She created one of the most ICONIC theme songs ever: Doctor Who! XD

291 days old
lavenderflop May 19, 2019

Personally, I don’t really have a favourite genre of music, but I’m exploring into the worlds of rock and jazz in my ukulele lessons, which is great fun!

852 days old
Perapin May 19, 2019

Hi Lataus,

I enjoy so many genres! Not an easy question for sure… but I like reading everyone else’s answers.

Cheers,
Perapin

108 days old
P3476849 May 19, 2019

I absolutely love Jazz music. I find the rhythm to be satisfying and enjoyable while the lyrics can go from slow and calm to upbeat with people like Frank Sinatra and Bing Crosby. I also enjoy classical music as it’s relaxing with great composers such as Wagner and Tchaikovsky.

102 days old
sobeano456 May 19, 2019

I like all music but i like silly you get to make funny lyrics out of pop words from famous songs or just werid n wacky lyrics!

38 days old
omitef May 19, 2019

Rock–the more aggressive the better. I need a heavy driving beat, clear bright vocals, and wicked guitar solos.

90 days old
DarkSpirited May 19, 2019

Hey that’s noice. ๐Ÿ˜‰

233 days old
sadcowboy May 19, 2019

My favorite type of music is rock, but I jam out to all different styles of music. Music is a big part of my life and I think it’s a great way to express yourself and meet new friends!!!

662 days old
Mops the Rad May 19, 2019

Definitely alternative! I was born in the late 90s, and my parents were very much into grunge music. All my life, I’ve listened to alternative music as a kind of comfort. As I’ve gotten older, alternative music has changed, too! It was always like I was growing up with the genre.

32 days old
Lillypadz678 May 19, 2019

I am so happy this game is back I loved it ever since I was introduced to it

761 days old
Fritolay5 May 19, 2019

I really like listening to video game soundtrack music and also k-pop (Korean Pop music)!!! there are countless music genres and I feel everyone should give k-pop a try.. my favorite k-pop band is BTS and they’re fantastic and talented!!!

811 days old
Teart May 20, 2019

Happy Club Penguin Rewritten birthday! Your penguin is two now!!!

417 days old
jazzolini May 19, 2019

I really love alternative music, but usually just any music that makes me feel good in that particular moment! Music to dance to is especially the best.

587 days old
Palysia1 May 19, 2019

It might sound cheesy, but about 75% of my playlist is soundtracks. I love trying to hear all the different instruments, especially percussion because that’s what I play. I have many soundtracks from a whole variety of things. From movies to video games, I love them all. Then again I am a band nerd.

82 days old
LemonLife12 May 19, 2019

I enjoy classical. It’s relaxing and soothing at the same time, it’s also very calming. I also enjoy pop, it’s like the music giving my ear a hug, I really enjoy classical and pop music.

801 days old
Sparklmagyq May 19, 2019

Me too to an extent, but I also like some of it remixed with newer music.

723 days old
AngrySkipper May 19, 2019

I generally enjoy old music from the 1970s and 1980s maybe some 1990s normally its some kind of pop rock or some kind of electric song.
A few examples would be
ELO’s “Mr. Blue Sky”
Billy Joel’s “Piano Man”
Billy Joel’s “For the Longest Time
Chordette’s “Mr. Sandman
and many more!

42 days old
CoolCash7 May 19, 2019

Snythwave is my personal favorite genre of music. It’s very calming and perfect for sleeping or studying to.

34 days old
LovelyAthena May 19, 2019

I really enjoy pop music. My favorite songs are ones that are about loving yourself and not being afraid of who you are! I do like me a few love songs as well, such as ones by Taylor Swift.

684 days old
Yavuztalimci May 19, 2019

I like pop because I always enjoy the rhythm and I always get used to it. I sometimes sing along to some pop music. It makes me feel like I use my best singing voice to sing some music. Singing to pop is like I am singing along with my favorite singers and it feels like I am actually with them.

75 days old
Quenquin517 May 19, 2019

i enjoy dubstep. its cool!

98 days old
Icy Lovelace May 18, 2019

I love pop music the most, but funky music is also quite nice, the rhythm of music always puts me in a great mood. Jazz also is great, and all of the music I’ve mentioned makes me happy because of the freedom people have over it. In my school we have been experimenting with different notes and songs

81 days old
MRFluffyKing May 18, 2019

I enjoy rock music and country when you listen to music you learn to me with out music life would be boring that’s why i enjoy it so much its really fun to be listening to music with your friends.

535 days old
Heirio20 May 18, 2019

Personally, I enjoy classical the most as I feel the emphasis of complex melodic phrases singing through my soul as if I was playing it. Jazz is also one of my favourites as well because I love the syncopation and uplifting mood it brings on any miserable wet day.

581 days old
LB Wingman May 19, 2019

Found the English Major.

94 days old
Smooshie Pug May 18, 2019

Honestly, I listen to just about any genre of music. No matter if its country or pop, eurobeat or some anime intro; music always puts me in a good mood.

231 days old
Icicle1812 May 18, 2019

Definitely alternative! It’s such a broad genre which includes so many talented artists, such as Lana Del Rey and Florence & The Machine. I also love sixties music, ‘Everlasting Love’ being one of my all-time favourites, and rock.

801 days old
Sparklmagyq May 19, 2019

Speaking of ‘Everlasting Love’, I’ve heard four versions: one in the 1960s, one in the 70s, one in the 80s and I think one was 90s at the latest in E, E, Bb and G, respectively. I like alternative music too, when I’m in the mood for it.

821 days old
SemechkiLada May 18, 2019

I’m a HUGE metalhead that listens to a lot of thrash metal, and I love metal as a genre so much I became the bassist for a band. Some people give it a bad wrap, but you’ll find the nicest and most welcoming people of all the music genres available!

298 days old
dominateeye May 18, 2019

I’m a student DJ at my college radio station, so I hear all kinds of music every day, plenty of which I never knew existed. We play classic and hard rock mostly, and I really enjoy those genres, but I also really enjoy jazz. It’s perfect for unwinding after two hours on the air!

292 days old
brgndyxae May 18, 2019

I love all music! I mainly listen to pop, alternative, and some rock when I want to. I love using the awesome blue electric guitar from the Lighthouse Music Catalog to rock out on stage with some other penguins, too!

54 days old
DaneCP May 18, 2019

EDM most of the time, progressive house, Electroacoustic, and Drums and bass when I do homework!

38 days old
Somapodra May 18, 2019

Pop is probably my favorite.

338 days old
smelt4 May 18, 2019

I love Jazz! I really enjoy listening to the freedom that others can have over music, and marvel at how good they are! Someday I hope that I can play as good as them, but for now Iโ€™ll stick to playing the trombone on here!

125 days old
Speck118 May 18, 2019

I like the band AJR. They are very enjoyable!

685 days old
Superivy4 May 18, 2019

I like to listen to broadway music! Some people find it strange but either way its music just a different style compared to rap and pop and such. But i love how i can connect to the show tunes and their lyrics. And how each shows songs are different but in a good way. And how its fun to sing along.

40 days old
CDOGSHERE May 19, 2019

SAMEEEE I LOVE BROADWAY

158 days old
Feelsogood00 May 18, 2019

Great! I’m so excited to see what this Music Jam Party has in store! I will even go to the Mine and save some coins for the special VIP pass!

127 days old
Lilly38784 May 18, 2019

I really like a different mix of music, mainly rock and pop from the 80s-90s. Call me old-fashioned, but those years created some of the most iconic songs that have inspired all of our music today. I find that rock and pop fills anyone with an urge to just dance, and unites us all!

54 days old
DaneCP May 18, 2019

Is there a way to quickly contact a moderator? Because support and abuse do not respond.

610 days old
JamieSoulm8 May 18, 2019

My favorite genre is rap. I just need music i can bust down to!

539 days old
FireSanti May 18, 2019

Rock because it identifies me as a bad guy and the music sounds pretty cool, i also like it because of the godly guitar solos they make and because they have awesome outfits!

215 days old
P2714920 May 18, 2019

Of course Jazz

75 days old
GalaxyBoam May 18, 2019

i love blues music, emotionally it soothing and helps me fall asleep.

510 days old
hockeylia May 18, 2019

My favorite genre is definitely pop music. It has such wonderful meanings and brings out the best in people.

843 days old
Gunslinger May 18, 2019

If I could get a white Flying V guitar and perform thrash metal at the Lighthouse, that’d be nice.

145 days old
Waterboy2009 May 18, 2019

I have nevery been to a music jam. But every since the newpaper came out i already love music jam!

333 days old
Geozim May 18, 2019

I honestly like electronic music, I think it’s fun and catchy, it depends on the song, if it’s good it gets stuck in my head for weeks, I love them. I’m excited for the next party, with great and diverse songs.

(Sorry if the translation is bad)

561 days old
shadowfight May 18, 2019

I really love listening to peaceful music! Whenever I need to get some homework done or just relax, it always works and helps me do whatever I want to do.

161 days old
auburnfan314 May 18, 2019

My favorite genre is 70’s rock. The songs are good, like earth, wind, and fire’s “September”
and “don’t stop believing” by Journey. Those songs have left a mark in pop culture. they truly define the hippie age.

117 days old
HarmonyStar May 18, 2019

I like different types of music but my two favorites are country and classical

182 days old
Not Rayner May 18, 2019

Anything and everything that is, or resembles, alternative rock. The amount of sub-genres and underground movements is unbelievable, and there’s so much diversity and innovation. It can basically become any other genre of music! It can be exhilarating, or dreamy, or just plain weird. It’s all good.

76 days old
zac4844 May 18, 2019

I have many tastes in music, like country, rock, and electronic, though i think i like electronic the best.

79 days old
Sebabyanna May 18, 2019

My favorite music genre is R&B. I love slow and old school music because it makes me feel so relaxed and always listen to anything related to R&B after a long day. Whenever an R&B song comes on the radio, I get so excited for some reason

789 days old
RyanjcCPR May 18, 2019

I like pop a lot, but I like rap more. I enjoy a little bit of rock. I like the kind of music where when you wear earbuds, you can feel the beat, and it sounds and feels like you’re in a theater. Also thanks for picking me. ( อกยฐ อœส– อกยฐ)

186 days old
Randomboy481 May 18, 2019

I have a passion for rap! It just amazes me when one regular person can make up a rhyme for something i usually can’t. Also those fast rappers are really good. It’d take tons of practice to rap so fast like that. Although I do enjoy other genres of music, Rap is my personal favorite!

98 days old
nakyo man853 May 18, 2019

I enjoy some nice jazz to spice the room

810 days old
Raining Pigs May 18, 2019

Me? I’m all into that mid-century stuff. Not really a specific genre, but it’s pretty much all I listen to. 40’s-60’s primarily, although sometimes listen to 20’s and 30’s. I do really like rockabilly, swing, jazz and, of course, rock. Sometimes, very rarely, you’ll find me listening to some 80’s!:)

801 days old
Sparklmagyq May 19, 2019

For some reason, these days I kinda agree, but I have more of a taste for anything pre- and post-Hays Code (a set of family-friendly guidelines for media set between 1934-1978) as long as it’s not too rife with profanity or other naughty messages.

145 days old
Waterboy2009 May 18, 2019

Iยดve nevery been to music jam but I love it already!

760 days old
broccc May 18, 2019

i like circus music

89 days old
Frogquack May 18, 2019

Every day it changes, even though I’m quite picky with my music taste. I don’t like mainstream though! Club Penguin Rewritten music is pretty lit too.

160 days old
stamppenguin May 18, 2019

I love music!

58 days old
Anadel May 18, 2019

I love listening to pop, electronic, house and just party music in general, Epic Win is my favorite song in Club Penguin! <3 I'm super excited for the music jam party, I'm literally counting the days!!!

100 days old
KittyLila May 18, 2019

I love pop songs they could get stuck in my head for days at a time, I know most songs’ names and who their by. Some of my favourite singers include Arianna Grande, Little Mix and Katy Perry.They all sing the most awesome songs!

811 days old
BurningIce May 18, 2019

80s rock is a favorite of mine, it’s got a perfect intensity, not too crazy, not too slow, and it sounds awesome. I used to love electronic music such as EDM, not as much anymore, but Tron Legacy’s soundtrack by Daft Punk is fantastic, as it blends electronic music with epic orchestral music.

134 days old
finchery May 18, 2019

Rock, for sure! It’s got great energy, and there are so many different subgenres to explore!

174 days old
Gingcringe May 18, 2019

I love listening to music. I like what ever comes on the radio. When I listen to music its the feeling that you get is the best part. I cant really enplane but its awesome.I loved the new music instruments that they put into the game.

61 days old
SHAD0WQUEEN May 18, 2019

I like all types of music, depending on the day. I like pop and raps on bright and sunny days, but on rainy days I’ll like ballad-y, more somber genres more.

808 days old
Ziscor May 18, 2019

Eurobeat

76 days old
zac4844 May 18, 2019

whats eurobeat?

801 days old
Sparklmagyq May 19, 2019

It sounds similar to disco, trance or techno music, which is often done at a fast tempo. The song ‘Cool Cat’ on one of the Garfield albums has at least five versions, all of which at a higher tempo than 2 beats a second. Rachel Wallace sang ‘Cool Cat’ back in the 90s.